SCT wish to advise that another rail operator has been involved in a substantial Main Line derailment at the 387.500 km in the Kultanaby to Coondambo section.
ARTC have advised the track is expected to open Thursday 21 Feb @ 1000 hours CST.
Below is the current status of SCT services in the network.
• 6MP9 - will hold in Penfield until further notice.
• 6PM9 – stabled in loop at Blaney, approx. 90km east of Kalgoorlie. (security will be despatched to guard train and crew will fly back home, fuel for refer units to be arranged from Parkeston)
• 7GP1 – will hold in Parkes until further notice.
• 1PM9 – will hold in Forrestfield until further notice.
• 5MP9 and 5PM9 are unaffected
All other services beyond the above will be discussed over the next 24 hours and further updates to follow once confirmed.