SCT has the capability to transport cleared import containers via rail, from wharf
into its inland Intermodal Park Terminals. SCT also provides a cross docking
service, linking into its interstate rail network and transports export containers
from its metropolitan and regional rail hubs to port, via inland rail.
The SCT sites have direct access to mainline rail track and feature cross dock
terminals, container handling areas and internal rail infrastructure. In addition to
these services, SCT is developing virtual park depots with the support of major
shipping lines, to reduce costs and handling for major importers and exporters.
The overall offering will be further enhanced from October 2016 with the opening
of SCT’s rail facility in Wodonga, Victoria, closely followed by SCT’s new terminal in
Bromelton, Queensland, opening in January 2017. Both developments will provide
direct connectivity into both the interstate rail network and key ports.
SCT OFFERS THE FOLLOWING KEY SERVICES:
Domestic rail linehaul services
• Door to door
• Servicing Victoria, Western Australia, South Australia and Queensland
Port shuttle services by rail
• Direct access to DP World in Melbourne
• Packing/unpacking import or export containers
• Property developments for customers requiring direct access to rail
• National Distribution Centres
SCT is not only a terminal operator, SCT owns and operates its own train services
• SCT owns 25 mainline locomotives
• SCT owns over 600 pieces of specialised rail rolling stock.