SCT recognises the importance of ‘best practice’ and therefore continues to invest heavily in training our people to further enhance their skills.
SCT is about people. We currently employ approximately 900 staff across Australia.
During the growth of our company, SCT has maintained the ‘family’ company values instilled by founder and owner, Peter Smith.
We promote a customer service culture through encouraging our employees to focus on providing a ‘can do’ friendly and informative service. In striving for this we are dedicated to ensuring our employees are fully trained on an ongoing basis and that the training provided will meet our future needs as we continue to grow.
As well as our core training programs, employees are also encouraged to undertake other self development programs.
Some of the core training units provided by SCT:
- Management Leadership Programs
- Certificate III, IV & Diploma in Transport & Distribution (Road Transport)
- Certificate III, IV & Diploma in Transport & Distribution (Warehousing & Storage)
- Certificate III, IV & Diploma in Transport & Distribution (Administration)
- Customer Service Training
- Dangerous Goods Training
- Hazardous Substance Training
- Emergency Response Training
- Forklift Refresher Training
- First Aid Training
- Occupational Health and Safety Reps Training
Employee Health Focused Programs:
- Fatigue Management program
- Work Environment Health Surveillance program
- Annual Transport Driver Medicals
- National Code of Practice Rail Safety Worker Medicals