Refrigerated transport has been one of SCT’s fastest growing divisions – innovation and initiative is evident in our refrigerated rail van and intermodal cross dock facilities. Refrigeration operations have been tailored to suit our customers and their products. SCT is an industry leader in refrigeration. Some of the reasons for this are:
- We were the first in Australia to use refrigerated rail vans
- Our rail vans have twice the thermal efficiency of current conventional road and rail units
- Our refrigerated rail network features 23 metre long, purpose built refrigerated rail vans, fully racked to allow for double stacking, whilst still ensuring maximum load protection
- We have invested in a large fleet of 40’ and 45’ refrigerated, fully racked containers, giving our customers the flexibility of being able to utilise both full and less than full container load movements
- Our equipment is fitted with world leading Carrier and Thermo King Refrigeration units, suitable for a large variety of temperature sensitive products between +30°C to – 30°C
- We monitor and adjust freight temperature at every stage of the trip, using satellite technology
SCT refrigerated rail cross dock and warehouse facilities are the first of their kind in the world, are HACCP and AS4292 accredited and feature automated “air bag sealed” docks for both road and rail, ensuring that temperature integrity is maintained at all times.